Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Whew!

Well, this time went significantly better than the last treatment. I am going to try to handle work tomorrow. This time last treatment, I was still bedridden. I'm still very weak, having bouts of diarrhea and nausea, no taste buds, etc. Everything seems so surreal. It's like I can't really focus on anything mentally or visually. It's a very strange feeling. It wears me out to just get up and walk around the room. My stomach just cramps and rolls. It drives me crazy. But, I've been out of bed all day today. I sat on my butt in the living room, but I wasn't laying in bed. That can't be bad, right? Maybe it'll get better as I do more. Since I took that Neulasta shot, I shouldn't have to worry about getting a bug this week. One can only hope.

I shaved some more off my head today. The back was a little long. Every time I lay down, it would hurt my head. Kind of like when you have your hair in a ponytail high on your head all day, then you take it out and it feels like your hair hurts. I know, basically only women can understand that. But, that's the only way I can describe it.

I wish I had something witty and inspiring to say, but I don't. I really just want to go lay down. However, it looks as though I may win this round with chemo.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Sorry this sucks so much...did you ever think you'd get tired of laying in bed?

ruth said...

You've been on my mind....hope you have a great, relaxing weekend....and each day is better....love ya....ruth